- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
Ensures that treatment tank, clarifier, 2 day Tank, outer EQ tank, composite sampler, DAF, blowers, pumps, mixers, gravity settlers, filter press, belt press, tripper, laboratory test equipment and subsystems, including sludge return, chemical pumps and site Interceptor system are functioning properly. This position is responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment operation, advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities to ensure the efficient, safe, and economical treatment of wastewater, disposal of sludge and delivery of reclaimed water to local water systems. In addition to waste water activities this position will oversee daily waste activities including; lableing of hazardous and non hazardous waste, managing waste storage area, assisting in waste pick ups and adhering to all RCRA requirements. The incumbent is guided by policies and assignments received from the site EHS3 Manager, but is carried out with a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing new programs and is held accountable for results. This is a site OSHA & EPA-sensitive position in accordance with Illinois law.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED
• Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities.
• Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements techniques and methods of process control which increase facility efficiency.
• Oversees preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Completes investigation on all metrics outside of acceptable range and implements corrective actions.
• Oversees the work of others contracted to work on facility components.
• Confers with site EHS3 Manager on facility operational problems.
• Oversees the implementation and effectiveness of the preventive maintenance program of the WW facility.
• Oversees emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through.
• Prepares reports for submission to site EHS3Manager.
• Implements, directs and enforces facility safety and risk management programs.
• Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that facility quality limits are maintained.
• Manages the creation of work orders for WW staff to insure timely completion of both mechanical repairs and job tasks.
• Oversees the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
• Responsible for inventory of stored material for use in the facility.
• Reviews and comments on all plans for construction, repair, or replacement of any plant components.
• Will oversee all training activities to include coordinating with site staff.
• Responsible for all WSS personnel issues including hiring, evaluating, disciplining, and terminating.
• Assists site EHS3 Manager in preparation of budget by providing input relative to facility fiscal needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Site EHS3 Manager.
• Assist in waste management at facility, both hazardous and non hazardous.
• Must participate in lead role in all internal and external audits.