- Full time
Days per week:
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Warehouse Associate based out of our Danville, IL location. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all warehouse functions including but not limited to: parts putaway, picking, receiving, packaging and shipping. Position requires certification in forklift and KOP (platform truck) operation and use of handheld computers, scanners and CRT terminals and automated packaging equipment.
General purpose: Store parts, pick parts and prepare parts for shipping.
• Must work well with others
• Must have the ability to work alone without constant supervision
• Must be safety-minded
• Must understand the customer’s needs and expectations in terms of timeliness and accuracy of orders
• Pull various aftermarket parts for sales orders
• Locate and/or putting away parts
• Verify part numbers and quantities of incoming , in-process and outbound parts
• Prepare parts (orders) for shipment to dealers and customers
• Receive incoming materials and parts
• Read and follow packaging codes
• Notify inspection of nonconforming parts
• Preserve, package and properly identify various aftermarket parts, kits and/or assemblies
• Load outbound transportation
• Follow documented procedures
• Ensure order accuracy
• May be required to change battery/propane tank on forklifts
• Must maintain current/valid Fork Truck Operator’s license
Essential skills and experience:
• Ability to read
• Ability to count accurately
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn various tasks and equipment operations, including, but not limited to, forklift, KOP (platform truck), various material handling equipment, handheld computers, scanners, CRT terminals, heat sealers, foam machine, tape machines, label making equipment, scales, and automated and manual banding machines.
• Strong customer orientation
Nonessential skills and experience:
• Previous handheld computer, scanner and CRT terminal use
• Previous forklift and KOP (platform truck) operations experience
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand and/or walk while pushing a picking cart. The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, squeeze a stapler, pull scanner trigger, press small buttons on handheld computer, talk and hear. The employee must be able to frequently lift and or move up to 70 pounds. Must be able to work at heights of 12 – 15 feet. Specific vision requirements required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the inside environment of the warehouse which may be hot and humid in the summer months and heated in the winter months but sometimes cool/cold in some areas. May be required to perform some outside duties at all times of the year. There is exposure to high volume forklift traffic. The noise level in the work environment is minimal. May be exposed to dropped or falling parts. When operating forklift or KOP the employee must wear seatbelts, safety harness and tether as required. Steel toe safety shoes are required apparel. For the stock and heavyweights lines safety glasses may be required. The employee will be required to wear goggles, face shield, gloves and work apron if performing battery maintenance.