Friday, November 22, 2019 - 4:30pm
The assignment of manager in the Technical Services Section is a non-sworn position that is responsible for the administration, direction and coordination of activities within the Technical Services Section, and maintenance of property/evidence and related records.
Applications can be found on the City website, www.cityofdanville.org, and may be mailed to the City of Danville Personnel Office, 17 W. Main Street, Danville, IL 61832.
Qualifications: The following are considered as minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Employee must hold a two year degree in criminal justice or related field from a recognized educational institution.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- Minimum of 10 years practical experience in law enforcement or in an equal or closely related field.
- Relevant training and experience with automated records management and/or governmental, law enforcement or court operations desirable.
Required Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position. Candidates should possess these skills or be able to demonstrate their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Must have considerable knowledge of contemporary police records management.
- Must have conflict resolution skills.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, interest and similar concepts.
- Must have good working knowledge of computer technology.
- Must have demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses or be able to obtain the same within 30 days of their start date:
- Illinois Class D Vehicle Operators License.
- Certification or ability to achieve certification in Property Room Management within 6 months of employment.
Residency Requirements: Unless otherwise dictated by a Collective Bargaining agreement, employees of the City of Danville hired after June 18 2019, must reside in Illinois within five miles of the City of Danville corporate limits. An employee of the City who successfully completes his or her probationary period of employment shall then have a period of 6 months to meet this residency requirement. Any employee of the City who shall fail to comply with the residency requirement shall be terminated.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- more than 10 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree