Thursday, July 1, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Each Watchfire sign is manufactured, assembled, and configured to the customer's specific needs. System Integration Technicians perform the final integration of our complex computerized, electronic and mechanical systems. These computer networking techs complete final product inspection, including electronic testing, troubleshooting, repair, and review / approve final system documentation. These crucial team members are the gate keepers of our final level of customization, integration, and quality.
Our sign systems' internal wiring and setup is very like an office network, complete with ethernet switches and cabling, often Wi-Fi communication setups, industrial-grade web cams, and more. As such, solid networking skills are a critical tool for the SIT team members.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Complete electrical safety testing critical to UL approval and customer safety.
- Complete final integration, power up, burn in, quality inspection of completed signs prior to shipment.
- Research / troubleshoot errors, changes in setup configuration, early failure, and component installation difficulties.
- Review / assess production methods to ensure on-going compliance with quality standards. Recommend improvements.
- Train new production workers in technical aspects of production jobs. Monitor training and recommend final approval of employee's qualification.
- Review current training documents and methods. Assist with new documentation as necessary.
- Position is in a production (factory) setting.
- This job requires a self-starter who has ability to work productively without close direct supervision.
- Requires some physical ability such as moderate lifting, regular physical activity throughout most working hours, working on ladders and in lift platforms, working outside, and rarely moving equipment weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Requires solid Microsoft Office skills.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school
- Associate's degree