Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Headquartered in Danville, Ill., Watchfire has manufactured electric signs since 1932 and LED signs, using meticulously sourced components from around the world, since 1998. Our products include indoor and outdoor LED displays, fixed digit and video scoreboards, gas price signs and digital billboards. Every aspect of our products and service is focused on giving our customers the greatest advertising tools available for developing their business and increasing sales. Our partnerships with respected, knowledgeable sign company professionals are the foundation of our collective success.
Watchfire LED signs are known for their legendary quality and reliability. We test our outdoor displays to withstand whatever nature throws at them, all to guarantee our customers years of worry-free performance. The excellence in every Watchfire sign begins with our outstanding engineering team designing a quality product. In production, we choose quality over expedience or expense. We use the best performing components available from a global market and invest the time and expense needed to evaluate and verify every aspect of our products’ design, function and serviceability. Our reputation depends on our displays looking and performing great not just on day one, but for years to come.
We developed our proprietary Ignite software to create and manage messages from design to scheduling. Whether the sign is large or small, color or monochrome, the suite of Ignite software helps create head-turning messages through easy-to-use interfaces. Watchfire has over 60,000 LED signs in operation at convenience stores, gas stations, retail outlets, banks, schools, places of worship and other locations worldwide. We also have more digital billboard customers in the U.S. than any other brand.
Each Watchfire sign is manufactured, assembled, and configured to the customer's specific needs. System Integration Technicians perform the final integration of our complex computerized, electronic and mechanical systems. These computer networking techs complete final product inspection, including electronic testing, troubleshooting, repair, and review / approve final system documentation. These crucial team members are the gate keepers of our final level of customization, integration, and quality.
Our sign systems' internal wiring and setup is VERY like an office network, complete with ethernet switches and cabling, often wifi communication setups, industrial-grade web cams, and more. As such, solid networking skills are a critical tool for the SIT team members.
Position is a split shift, working 4 10-hour shifts (9:00 am – 7:30 pm)
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Complete electrical safety testing critical to UL approval and customer safety.
- Complete final integration, power up, burn in, quality inspection of completed signs prior to shipment.
- Research / troubleshoot errors, changes in setup configuration, early failure, and component installation difficulties.
- Review / assess production methods to ensure on-going compliance with quality standards. Recommend improvements.
- Train new production workers in technical aspects of production jobs. Monitor training and recommend final approval of employee's qualification.
- Review current training documents and methods. Assist with new documentation as necessary.
- Position is in a production (factory) setting.
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED
- Associates (preferred) or work experience equivalent
- Basic electrical knowledge and computer skills beneficial
- This job requires a self-starter who has ability to work productively without close direct supervision.
- Requires some physical ability such as moderate lifting, regular physical activity throughout most working hours, working on ladders and in lift platforms, working outside, and rarely moving equipment weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Requires solid Microsoft Office skills.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- High school