- Full time
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
•6 months of previous warehouse experience preferred; or equivalent work experience in place of a degree. Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: •Forklift and pallet jack license/certification. Professional Skills: •Knowledge of: safe lifting procedures, and food safety guidelines. •Skill in: building pallets of products quickly, accurately and safely. •Ability to: operate forklift and/or pallet jack and maneuver in tight areas. •Meet the minimum productivity levels established by the company. •Read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations. •Perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide). •Solve problems. •Apply understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. •Wear personal protective equipment (e.g. safety shoes). Physical Demand The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. •While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. •The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 - 90 pounds. •Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. •While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. •The associate is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. •The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. •The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Days per week:
$18.50 to start
This position serves our customers by hand-building pallets of product and loading product onto trailers according to established company and customer standards.
- Reads pick sheets and travel to proper warehouse locations using a pallet jack.
- Picks proper product type and quantity, labels products and places on a pallet and loads the pallet on trucks according to proper zone, location, and established standards.
- Handles products and build pallets according to established food safety procedures (e.g. visual inspection of the product for damages, proper placement on pallets to minimize cross-contamination and damage).
- Ensures that the warehouse is maintained cleanly and safely according to company standards; takes appropriate corrective actions when a spill or damaged case is discovered; disposes of trash and recycling in proper receptacles.
- Communicates with the management team regarding any issues (e.g. products, out of stocks, safety issues, food safety concerns).
- Operates all company warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, scanners) safely, according to company standards.
- Reports all equipment issues to a member of the management team.
- Completes all paperwork and utilizes a wearable computer to properly track time spent on assignments for productivity reporting.
- Works assigned schedule exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands.
- Other duties as assigned by management