NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Design and test electronics related to the LED display industry. This includes embedded systems, communications systems, FPGAs, schematics, PCB layout, component selection, mechanical design, and project management.
- Redesign and optimize existing products to improve functionality and cost.
- Responsible for evaluating new software tools and components.
- Create and maintain software and hardware documentation.
- Specify new products and assist in project progression through production.
- Cooperate with manufacturing to move designs into production including product testing and regulatory efforts.
- Utilize a strong focus on Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
- Interact heavily and actively collaborate with teams throughout our vertically integrated company.