- Full time
Days per week:
A Sports Display Sales Representative will work directly with Watchfire Sports prospects, dealers, sales managers and customers creating relationships with decision makers in the collegiate, high school, secondary schools and park and recreation markets.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES VERY SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, SELLING TO OR SELLING FOR OUTDOOR SIGNAGE DEALERS OR SELLING WITHIN THE SPORTS MARKET RELATED TO ELECTRONIC EVENT SIGNAGE. Experience with indoor signage, pop displays and similar does not meet this requirement.
It is strongly preferred that the Sports Display Salesperson live within 60 miles of Watchfire’s office located in Danville, IL.
- Primary focus will be creating business by consultative selling of our Sports display products to markets including: collegiate, high schools, secondary schools and park and recreation facilities
- Ability to make concise and compelling presentations to target audiences
- Represent Watchfire at relevant sports industry trade shows focused on conducting product demonstrations and answering product capability questions
- Drive sales opportunities through weekly cold-calling to schedule in person meetings showcasing product and software capabilities
- Timely follow up on leads generated by marketing efforts to include phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings
- Utilize CRM tools to record sales activities in support of developing and maintain a consistent sales pipeline
- Generate proposals and guide prospects through the buying process
- Provide technical consultation and support to Watchfire territory managers and Watchfire sign dealers on sports projects.
- Recommend to Watchfire leadership new products and product enhancements aimed at the sports market.
- Maintain awareness of relevant sports market knowledge and trends, including but not limited to: evolving display and scoring technologies and their usage, high-profile opportunities, pricing, and shifts in the competitive landscape
- Provide detailed summaries of project requirements to internal management when quoting or specification assistance is needed
- 5+ years of outside B2B sales experience with a track record of success, preferably selling through a distributor network in markets of focus
- History of prospecting and new account generation
- 2+ years working in or selling to the sports industry, preferably selling video displays or scoreboards
- Compelling presentation skills with a natural ability to hold strategic conversations and analyze audiences to change tactics
- Experience analyzing and preparing responses to formal RFPs
- Bachelors or Associates degree in business, sales, technology or sports management preferred
- Past CRM usage, ideally Salesforce.com
- Willingness and ability to fly as needed to attend sales presentations and trade shows
- Maintain physical ability to do moderate lifting and to complete the moderately demanding physical activities required in the job
- Proficiency in the key Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to rent vehicles
- Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.