Wednesday, March 3, 2021 - 12:20pm
Site Coordinator will be responsible for creating, planning, managing, implementing, and evaluating dynamic out-of-school programs in Hoopeston. We are hiring for the following schools: Maple Elementary, Hoopeston Area Middle School, and Hoopeston Area High School.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work in partnership with school administration and staff to identify, recruit, and maintain participation of at-risk students in 21st Century programs.
• Development and coordination of out-of-school educational and enrichment programs, including:
o Recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of teachers and tutors
o Scheduling of programs, field trips, and use of onsite facilities and equipment
o Parent/Family programs that will provide additional opportunities for parents to become regularly involved in their children’s academic and social-emotional development
o Establishment of partnerships with local government, businesses, individuals, and other organizations to provide students with state of the art programming
o Collaboration with other extracurricular programs as much as possible
• Frequent communication with school administration and staff about student progress that includes weekly acquisition of student failure lists from teachers and/or guidance counselor.
• Contact with any failing student and his/her family to discuss benefits of program participation.
• Inform parents/guardians of individual student progress and participation through frequent contact (minimum of quarterly).
• Provide students, parents, administration and staff with a monthly program update and calendar of events at least one week prior to the start of the subsequent month.
• Conduct and assist in the completion of program evaluation and student progress in the following ways:
o Monitoring attendance, participation, academic and behavioral performance, and social-emotional development of participants
o Develop and conduct surveys of student, parents, and staff regarding ideas for and satisfaction with out-of-school programming
o Provide data and complete monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports as required by the agency and or funding streams
• Complete all trainings and participate in professional development opportunities provided for and or required by the agency.
• Comply with the Personnel Policy Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or three years of successful experience in the youth services field preferred but not required.
• Ability to lead and build strong interpersonal relationships with diverse groups of people, including: students, parents, staff, and program partners.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Experience with program design and implementation as well as mastery of basic computer software/programs.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- High school
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree