Friday, January 31, 2020 - 4:30pm
This position involves the application of professional planning knowledge and skills to enhance the quality of life and improve the welfare of the community by creating a more convenient, equitable, efficient and attractive urban environment.
The following skills are basic to the functions of this position. Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Knowledge of urban spatial structure and the way in which cities function.
- Knowledge of plan- making and project evaluation.
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines such as land use regulation, economic development, housing, transportation planning, infrastructure planning, neighborhood planning, historic preservation, or urban design
- Ability to envision alternatives to the physical and social environments in which we live.
- Ability to work with the public and articulate planning issues to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Understanding of local, state and federal government programs and processes
- Ability to interpret complex rules and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and address several projects or issues simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Geographic Information Systems Software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), and Sketch-Up, is preferred.
The full job description and full-time applications are available on the City Website www.cityofdanville.org or City Building main floor lobby.
Qualifications: The following are considered minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Candidate must possess a four (4) year degree in urban planning, urban design, geography or a related field.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- At least five (5) years of progressive practical experience in this field or in a closely related field.
- Experience working in or with local or state government.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working with committees/groups.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree