Saturday, August 15, 2020 - 12:00pm
Greenhouse Megastore continues to grow! We are seeking a Regular, Part-Time Warehouse Associate to work at our Danville facility.
*** APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THEIR RESUMES ON OUR WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED - SEE WWW.GREENHOUSEMEGATORE.COM/CAREERS TO APPLY***
Starting Pay: $12.00/hr minimum
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, Matching IRA
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Manager or other supervisory/management-level personnel as designated, the Warehouse Associate 1 is an entry-level position that is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as preparing picked orders for shipment by selecting the appropriate packing items (boxes, packing material, etc.) in accordance with IGC procedures, processing shipping labels as required to ensure correct, prompt customer delivery, assisting other warehouse team members with offloading and loading of shipment packages from/onto delivery trucks, keeping the warehouse clean and organized, conducting their jobs safely and in accordance with established procedures, and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently continually striving for improved customer satisfaction.
- Work quickly and efficiently to prepare picked goods to be shipped by selecting the appropriate packaging material to avoid damage in shipping and ensures proper shipping labels for prompt delivery.
- Under general supervision, may be assigned to work in a specific area or function of the warehouse performing basic warehouse operations. May cross-train into other functions of the warehouse as needed.
- Assist in offloading and loading shipment packages from or onto delivery trucks.
- Loading will call customers with accuracy and courtesy as needed.
- May be assigned to temporarily perform higher level warehouse related duties in the absence of more senior level warehouse associates or management to meet business/customer demands.
- Perform warehouse organization and clean-up duties as assigned.
- Stock shelves with various types of merchandise as requested.
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Comply with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and OSHA regulations.
- Assist other warehouse associates with 2-man lifts or other related duties as requested.
- Assist with inventory procedures as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the most efficient and effective functioning of the warehouse.
High School diploma or equivalent, no previous warehouse experience is required but is preferred.
Must be willing to learn, take direction, and have a good attitude and attendance record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills; Ability to understand the overall warehouse workflow, listen effectively, follow instructions, and can work with minimal guidance or as part of a team.
- Strong teamwork skills; Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented to ensure a clean and safe work environment and packages are packed and shipped appropriately, quickly, and efficiently to meet customer shipping requirements.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to work independently as needed and carry out detailed instructions.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, warehouse environment to meet productivity and customer expectations.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions, shelf and shipping labels.
- Must possess basic computer skills to assist in processing orders, shipping, timekeeping, and for company communication and training purposes.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills to assist in inventory.
- Ability to operate hand tools, such as pallet trucks, box cutters, and tape guns.
- Ability to be certified according to company requirements to operate a forklift or cardboard baler if required.
- On a regular basis, the ability to lift up to 50lbs independently, make repetitive movements, stoop, kneel, crouch, push/pull, grasp, use ladders, walk and stand on concrete floors for long periods of time.
- Must be able to assist 2-man lifts up to 200 pounds frequently and 200+ pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet productivity goals.
- Must be reliable and maintain appropriate attendance standards.
- Must pass pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
Physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent climbing ladders and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity; Vision and finger dexterity to work at a computer terminal entering/searching data on a regular basis. The job is performed under temperature fluctuations within the warehouse and under conditions with some exposure to high temperatures and/or freezing temperatures when loading/unloading trucks or performing outside warehouse related duties.
Greenhouse Megastore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Part time / side job
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- High school