Saturday, August 15, 2020 - 12:00pm
Greenhouse Megastore continues to grow! All new position available as a Regular, Full-Time, Warehouse Shift Leader. Get in from the beginning and be a part of this new opportunity.
***NOTICE: To be cosidered for the position, ALL applicants must apply their resume directly to our job posting on our website at www.greenhousemegastore.com/careers***
Starting Pay is Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, AFLAC income protection plans, Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, Matching IRA, and education benefits.
Work Days: Typically Monday-Friday, hours are to be determined.
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Shift Leader is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of warehouse operations function smoothly during their assigned shift. This includes performing administrative tasks and oversite of fellow co-workers while they work, monitoring performance and providing resolutions as needed to personnel issues or complaints – elevating higher level issues to upper management or Human Resources, and ensuring all staff on his or her designated shift is complying with company and safety policies while performing delegated tasks and to ensure that orders are processed for their shift to meet customer demands and achieves company goals and objectives.
Job responsibilities also include: maintaining manual and electronic records as required of items delivered and received; performing inventory stock and loss functions as assigned; communicating with the Customer Service team regarding customer issues; working with GMS Amazon Channel Marketing Manager to ensure Amazon orders are shipped out per required schedule; attendance and timekeeping for designated shift; training and mentoring subordinates; filling in for absent workers; assisting with warehouse security measures; assisting or providing equipment training; tracking warehouse vehicle, equipment and tool maintenance; and ensuring all safety protocols are being followed.
The Warehouse Shift Leader’s position is a working job function, meaning that he or she’s time is spent not only performing administrative and oversight functions, but also working as a member of the team in which they lead to perform Warehouse Associate job duties to meet shift workload goals.
The Warehouse Lead enforces good conduct according to company policies and may review or provide temporary resolution to personnel issues or complaints.
- Coordinates and oversees all day-to-day warehouse activities for his or her designated shift to ensure warehouse operations are running smoothly and all employees and activities are being performed in accordance with Company designated safety standard, procedures, and policies. These activities may include inbound truck arrivals, outbound shipping to include customer pick-ups, stowing or picking of product, inbound receiving, inventory control, damaged and returned items, and general housekeeping.
- Works directly with GMS sales and customer services staff, to include the include the Amazon Channel Manager to make sure that orders are shipped out in a timely manner or assist with order resolutions.
- Performs general Warehouse Associate tasks as needed to set the pace for daily productivity.
- Oversees use of warehouse vehicles, equipment and/or tools (e.g. maintain running order, schedule repairs of vehicles, dollies, fork lifts, pallet jacks, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper and safe running of systems and/or tracking and maintaining accuracy of settings and logs.
- Monitors warehouse space requirements and assists with maintaining proper warehouse utilization.
- Works with Warehouse Manager, or designated GMS staff, to verify stock and identify losses.
- May conduct or supervise cycle counts as directed.
- Performs periodic quality checks to ensure specifications, quantity and quality of orders being shipped are correct, properly packaged and labeled to meet GMS standard of operations.
- Maintains an organized layout and safe work environment for employees to follow.
- Assigns and/or performs housekeeping duties to maintain an organized, safe, work environment.
- Promotes a culture of respect and an atmosphere of teamwork to foster a positive working environment.
- Actively participates in all safety programs to set the example for Warehouse staff.
- Assists in reconciling discrepancies (e.g. physical count versus reported items, purchase orders versus items received, physical location of items, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a computerized inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining a high work ethic and following, supporting, and enforcing all GMS policies and procedures. As part of this responsibility, provides resolutions during his or her shift to resolve personnel issues or complaints and promptly elevates higher level issues to upper management or Human Resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed to ensure the most efficient and effective functioning of the warehouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years of leadership experience desired.
- Experience in distribution and warehousing, or similar environment with increasing responsibilities preferred but not required.
- Previous experience supervising a direct report is desired buy not required.
Greenhouse Megastore is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school