- Full time
Watchfire Signs is an exciting, dynamic place to work. We have been a growing company with our headquarters based in central IL since 1932. That growth has been so extensive that we have recently expanded our main facility by more than 127,000 square feet.
Vertically integrated, we do everything from engineering and sales through circuit board assembly; from accounting and technical support through final product integration and calibration. Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with matching, affordable health/dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, and are growing strong!
Watchfire designs/engineers/manufactures our own product, from the software design to hardware design, from ME to printed circuit board assembly to finished product test and shipment. Our outside vendors that provide us the core components to do so are critical to our success.
Our Quality Assurance Engineering team’s goal is to ensure the efficient design and manufacture of consistent product that is considered excellent value for money by all of our customers, and due to ongoing rapid growth, we are looking for someone from a mid-level position background, who hasexperience in hardware testing, FCC/UL compliance, hardware test standards/implementation.
- Work with materials/engineering to identify/approve potential suppliers;
- Audit critical part vendors (some international travel necessary);
- Develop supplier relationships to reduce organization's quality costs;
- Organize/improve efficiency of IQC to ensure material availability to production;
- Create key metrics and generate monthly reports for supplier vendor rating program, IQC throughput, etc;
- Take an active role on quality assurance teams within the organization;
- Maintain a working knowledge of quality tools and industry standards;
- Take ownership of the Supplier Quality Process.
OVERALL TRAVEL LEVEL: roughly 10-15% travel time. US travel is typically 2-3 business days in length. International trips to date have never exceeded 2 full weeks.
- 5+ years of relevant, professional level experience in a hardware development or testing environment.
- BS in Engineering - ECE, EE, EET, Communications, ME, MET, Industrial/Manufacturing - Preferred (although other Bachelor degrees or lower degrees may be considered in conjunction with more extensive experience comparable to the education level.)