Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
Plans, coordinates, and directs all Lab and Gauge activities designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established standards and the achievement of Business Plan. Key Deliverables: The Gauge and Quality Lab Supervisor serves as an engaged and trusted source in the organization. Success in this role is measured by a reduction in gauge downtime and PM completion. Key deliverables to ensure success are listed below:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitors calibrations and MSA records with software data base (Gage Trak).
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Participates, and coordinates any gauging functions needed for PPAP, special runs, or prototype builds.
- Organizes and administers all internal and external training programs for the Gauge Group in coordination with the Quality Lab and Gauging Supervisor. Training programs will include;
- Technical skill and knowledge workshops.
- On-the-job coaching and mentoring.
- Plans and implements Gauge Group cross training throughout the plant to promote improved capability, process knowledge and experience.
- Drives Gauge Group capability for Preventative Maintenance and Total Predictive Maintenance (hereafter referred to as PM and TPM) to a world-class level.
- Coordinates with the Production Cell Teams, Controls Group and Mechanical Group to organize technical resources and materials, and to direct repair activities for production equipment using Work Orders.
- Coordinates with the Production Teams to implement approved Continual Improvement ideas submitted by Work Order.
- Works closely with other Operations Staff to facilitate and participate in new Project implementation.
- Provides expert advice, plan and assign work, adds or deletes duties among co-workers and/or others. Responsible for tracking employee attendance, approving time cards, rewarding and disciplining employees. Perform personnel performance evaluations and HR activities.
- Reports out to the Quality Manager information required on a weekly or monthly basis, or by request to the wider Operations Group.
- Creates draft work procedures for PM and TPM tasks.
- Monitors the established housekeeping standards for all Gauge Group work areas.
- Has authority to stop processes to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, to identify and place suspect product on quality hold, and to promptly notify supervisory personnel when processes become noncompliant.