- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
Voyant Danville, located in Danville, Illinois is a large campus and collectively contain 18 aerosol and liquid filling and packaging lines. Voyant's Danville facilities procure, blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care and OTC consumer packaged goods.
Manage and direct all Quality Control laboratory (chemistry and microbiology labs) activities to ensure adherence to all customer and regulatory requirements and finished good product specifications which includes all aspects of manufacturing and packaging. Will work with customers. QC management oversight includes Analytical, Microbiology and Incoming Inspection laboratories. Will oversee a total staff of 21 in the labs.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manage QC and Incoming personnel and oversee daily testing activities to support the manufacture of regulated and non- regulated products.
- Ensure specific analytical tests and wet chemistry tests on raw materials, in-process, final products, stability goods and incoming testing are assigned to meet the schedule.
- Ensure QC personnel perform investigations of out-of-specification and out-of-trend data and communicate effectively and timely to upper management.
- Assist in determining root causes to laboratory investigations and appropriate CAPAs and assessing the effectiveness of the CAPAs.
- Work effectively to resolve issues and ensure consistency of testing techniques and assess occurrences and root causes of OOTs or OOSs
- Develop budget for QC and manage the expenditure for laboratory operation.
- Ensure all testing by chemists is completed according to the schedule and meet all cGMP requirements.
- Ensure analytical instruments’ calibration and maintenance under cGMP regulations.
- Monitor and review analytical instruments’ qualifications and ensure them to meet regulatory requirements.
- Propose and implement solutions to meet customer requests.
- Interface with contract labs regarding QC sample handling and reporting.
- Ensure stability testing is performed per procedure requirements.
- Review and approve data. Evaluate and interpret the test results and other related technical documentation.
- Maintain test data, records and related laboratory documents.
- Communicate with external suppliers or service providers regarding quality issues.
- Responsible for managing teams’ performance and applicable quality metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with departments to help resolve issues.
- Establish SOPs and standard test methods for the QC laboratory operations and supervise and train staff. Modify procedures as needed to improve overall lab efficiency and compliance.