Sunday, May 1, 2022 - 8:00am
*** Applicant must complete assessment on INDEED.com to be considered ***Vermilion County 911 Center
Looking for entry level 911 Telecommunicator trainees willing to commit to serving the citizens of Vermilion County, Illinois. The Vermilion County 911 Communication Center handles calls for all of Vermilion County and services 40 agencies including police, fire, and emergency medical service. As the initial contact for most emergency situations, the 911 Telecommunicator serves as a vital public safety and emergency response link in the community. We offer excellent pay and benefits.
Job Link : CLICK HERE to access http://www.indeed.com link
Qualifications and Skills must include the following:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screening.
- Type a minimum of 45 wpm required (no exceptions)
- Ability to pass an assessment testing.
- Ability to pass a thorough security background screening.
- Ability to pass a physical exam.
- Ability to pass APCO (Assoc. Public Safety Communication Officials) certification.
- Ability to pass intensive training program.
- Ability to pass LEADS, NIMS, and NCIC certifications.
- Ability to pass PowerPhone – Emergency Medical Dispatch and Law Enforcement Dispatch certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Detail and logic oriented.
- Above average retention level.
- Ability to multitask by communicating simultaneously over the phone and radio while typing information and observing multiple monitors in the process of taking and dispatching a 911 call, often during highly stressful situations.
Previous Public Safety experience is recommended. Computer competency is required, along with the ability to work cooperatively, present a positive attitude, and maintain effective working relationships. After successful completion of training program, Level I TC, hourly rate: $20.80.
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service Representative: 2 years
- Data Entry: 2 years
- Typing (45wpm required): 2 years
- Multi-Line Phone System and multi tasking: 2 years
Required license or certification:
· Valid drivers license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.65 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
COVID-19 considerations:All applicants must wear a mask when called for testing and interview.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Typing: 1 year (Required)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Waiting period may apply
- Full time
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- High school