Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Project Manager(s) report directly to the Director of Project Management. This is an advanced skill level position that requires individuals who demonstrate proficiency across several technical and computer disciplines, mastery of a wide variety of manufacturing methods, good scheduling abilities, understanding of construction, and demonstrate the motivation to apply their skills in a large capacity at Watchfire. This person is responsible to lead teams through product development, and directly managing projects that requires Watchfire’s field operations, technical support, and/or subcontractors. This person will assist in driving to a consensus on the technology roadmap, establish the product development priorities, and work with the R&D and Operations to implement the company’s product portfolio. This person will use existing PM processes such as New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Requests to formalize the field of projects so identification and tracking can be monitored by stakeholders.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Manage projects within the defined scope and budget.
- Work with estimator(s) to understand work force utilization, equipment, workflow(s), permits, jobsite layout, etc.
- Communicate with customers or representatives to relate jobsite specifics and verify installations are successful.
- Communicate with installers and contractors to understand the project objectives and schedule.
- Communicate with Watchfires sales teams and subject matter experts to approve or explain Watchfire capabilities regarding special order requests.
- Communicate with internal teams and subject matter experts to determine the best means and methods to achieve project objectives, deadlines, and budgets.
- Lead project teams with department managers which may include electrical, software, mechanical, manufacturing engineers; sourcing; materials management; sales management; pre-production and production employees; suppliers and outside contractors.
- Coordinate with Project Estimator(s), Sales and Marketing to submit professional, comprehensive, and accurate bids.
- Maintain a monitoring system with the Project Estimator on current ECR and NPI projects status.
- Document project processes; including flowcharts, work instructions, operating parameters, technical data, standards, and troubleshooting steps.
- Interpret product and project drawings, technical details, and specifications.
- Regularly attend training on subjects important to Watchfire and stay informed of industry practices and standards.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured spaces on jobsites. Occasionally lift and carry 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Travel for jobsite visits and contractor’s meetings may be required.
- Hours are daytime M-F. NOTE: Travel and tight deadlines may require additional hours outside this period.
- This person will be well-versed in the understanding and use of industry wide project management tools and techniques, and their deployment in a gate-structured, R&D Agile development process as is appropriate for a given project.
- Proficient in reading/writing/typing in English. Comprehend written, visual, and verbal instructions. Experience presenting information in small group situations. Excellent reasoning skills related to cause and effect.
- Excellent ability to identify critical tasks and develop complex schedules to meet project timelines and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to compose and present project status updates, tasks, and critical details to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers and contractors in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceptional teamwork, communication, time management, data processing, multi-tasking skills, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
- (2) written work-related recommendations from previous/current employers, or instructors, or co-workers.
- Minimum 5 years of similar work experience with an Associates of Science in technology, accounting, or related field; or a Bachelor of Science in technology, accounting, or related field; or minimum 7 years of similar work experience.
- Strong experience with computers, internet, smart phone/tablet, Autodesk software (Inventor, Vault) and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 6 CEUs in Project Management, Construction, or AIA within the previous two years is advantageous.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree