Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
This internship will report directly to the Director of Project Management. This is a beginner skill level position that requires an individual who demonstrates promising computer skills, efficient grasp of electronic communication methods, good documentation and verbal communication skills, understanding of process mapping, and demonstrates the motivation to understand step by step process development. operations.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Assist the enterprise project management team with documenting procedures on internal project management processes and field operation methods
- Analyze methods for improvements in safety, efficiency, and quality of work
- Coordinate with the Field Operations Manager to review consistency in installations
- Travel onsite to product installations and perform time studies
- Communicate with jobsite contacts ahead of travel date to verify installation details
- Work with project estimators to understand processes and data organization
- Communicate with installers and contractors to understand the project objectives and schedule
- Communicate with internal teams and subject matter experts to determine the best means and methods to achieve project objectives, deadlines, and budgets
- Manage and organize expense reports for travel, etc.
- Interpret product and project drawings, technical details, and specifications
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Presentation skills in small group settings
- Experience with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of semester
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week during summer session
- Student enrolled in Operations Management, Project Management, Engineering, Accounting, Business, or similar field of study
- Must have been enrolled full-time for the current semester, new graduates are still eligible for this position
- Valid State Driver’s License at all times
*Our interns are anticipated to work with us for the entire summer term, assuming quality work. Of course,all positions are "at will" and an internship is not a guarantee of work for a set period of time.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Internship / trainee
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree