Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Project Estimator(s) report directly to the Director of Project Management. This is an advanced skill level position that requires individuals who demonstrate proficiency across several technical and computer disciplines, mastery of a wide variety of manufacturing methods, good project management, understanding of construction, and demonstrate the motivation to apply their skills in a large capacity at Watchfire. The primary focus of this position is RFP evaluation, bid/proposal development, internal and external project costing, project status updates, technical leadership, and training/teaching/presenting on project details.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Advise all departments concerning project scope, requirements, and specific objectives to satisfy customer/RFP/market demands.
- Estimate work force utilization, equipment, workflow(s), permits, jobsite layout, etc.
- Communicate with installers and contractors to compile subcontract costs for current project and for future reference.
- Develop costing methods and capture estimated project costs so Watchfire can bid projects accurately. This will involve understanding existing products and manufacturing processes, in addition to potential short-term capabilities.
- Plan and coordinate with Project Managers, Sales and Marketing to submit professional, comprehensive, and accurate bids.
- Maintain a monitoring system with Project Managers on current ECR and NPI projects status.
- Assist project managers projects individually and as a team as necessary. Includes conducting meetings and coordinating with other employees, suppliers, and outside contractors.
- Provide labor estimates and related costs for management decisions.
- Document project processes; including flowcharts, work instructions, operating parameters, technical data, standards, and troubleshooting steps.
- Interpret product and project drawings, technical details, and specifications.
- Regularly attend training on subjects important to Watchfire and stay informed of industry practices and standards.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured spaces on jobsites. Occasionally lift and carry 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Travel for jobsite visits and contractor’s meetings may be required.
- Hours are daytime M-F. NOTE: Travel and tight deadlines may require additional hours outside this period.
- Proficient in reading/writing/typing in English. Comprehend written, visual, and verbal instructions. Experience presenting information in small group situations. Excellent reasoning skills related to cause and effect.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and coordinate data and figures into spreadsheets for estimating costs.
- Exceptional teamwork, communication, time management, data processing, multi-tasking skills, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
- (2) written work-related recommendations from previous/current employers, or instructors, or co-workers
- Excellent experience is required with LED sign products, sign installation (mechanical and electrical), general construction, and jobsite safety.
- Strong experience with computers, internet, smart phone/tablet, Autodesk software (Inventor, Vault) and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 6 CEUs in Project Management, Construction, or AIA within the previous two years is advantageous.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree