Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 12:55pm
1. ENSURES HIGH QUALITY SERVICE DELIVERY FOR THE BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS AGENCY.
· Monitors operational effectiveness using the AIM tracking system.
· Tracks performance.
· Develops measures to ensure growth and that annual county program goals are met.
· Minimizes BBBS risk by implementing a system of quality assurance and youth protection.
· Communicates to COO on matters of effectiveness, youth outcomes, and child safety.
· Establishes and oversees program segment of county’s overall budget.
· Maintains an organized, customer-centric service delivery model, (outreach, customer service, enrollment, and match support) reviews and updates as needed.
· Surfaces “best practices” that can be integrated into nationwide models for replication and investments.
· May represent agency at state or regional level.
2. SUPERVISES CASE MANAGEMENT STAFF AND INTERNS (AND OTHER STAFF AS ASSIGNED BY THE COO, CDO AND CEO)
· Assists with hiring, engaging, developing and holding staff and interns accountable to work efficiently and effectively within the service delivery system.
· Monitors county staff and interns to ensure that they comply with local policies and national standards of practice.
· Helps to ensure a system and culture of continuous staff learning, development, and succession planning.
· Responsible for developing relationships with local universities and placement of interns at the local agency.
3. OVERSEES DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND EVALUATION OF BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS PROGRAMS.
· Plans, leads, and drives implementation of local programs designed to strengthen Big and Little match relationships and youth development.
· Manages local county critical service and workflow issues that are impacting the ability to provide quality services.
· Develops and implements new program initiatives in coordination with the COO to expand mentoring services or target community issues as directed or needed.
· Tracks and reports all program information needed for grants.
4. PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with faith-based, community, school and business leaders in the service area to educate them regarding the local agency’s mission, promote involvement in agency activities, and gain their support of the program.
- Coordinates with COO and CDO to ensure an on-going supply of targeted volunteer candidates and resources to support local agency programs.
- Develops and enhances the local agency’s outreach efforts to ensure that the agency’s image, mission, values and advocacy for children and youth are properly communicated throughout the service area.
5. BOARD DEVELOPMENT
- Coordinates with the Regional Board to help evaluate board strengths and needs on a consistent basis.
- Monitors and maintains a year round recruitment plan.
- Assists with board recruitment, training and retention efforts for new and current members.
- Works with staff to become an active part of the referral system for new members.
6. FUND DEVELOPMENT
- Coordinates with CDO on all special event and fund development activities.
- Works with the Regional Board and CDO to ensure special event timelines and goals are established for each event.
- Monitors that those special event timelines and goals are being met by board members and staff.
- Assists with event details.
- Participates with staff to ensure the success of each special event.
Candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and three years professional work experience, preferably in a BBBS agency or human service agency, with at least a year of supervisory or administrative experience. The ability to communicate well both orally and in written communication is required. Candidate is responsible for ensuring match growth and quality through leadership of service delivery functions. The Program Manager plays an instrumental role in the agency’s program delivery, partnership, fund, board development, and recruitment efforts. The Program Manager must be able to travel as needed within the agency’s seven county service area, as well as to state, regional and national meetings/conferences as needed. The Program Manager must be computer proficient, and able to successfully utilize Microsoft Office software as well as applications, such as AIM, designed by BBBSA conducive to agency affiliation.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree