- Full time
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Days per week:
Voyant Danville, located in Danville, Illinois is a large campus and collectively contain 18 aerosol and liquid filling and packaging lines. Voyant's Danville facilities procure, blend, fill and package a wide variety aerosol and liquid personal care and OTC consumer packaged goods.
We are hiring immediately!
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Directs the work team and supervises the assigned area’s production to meet published schedules including the management of line crewing and temporary workforce.
- Maintains a consistently safe work environment and personally demonstrates his or her commitment to safety and compliance.
- Achieves consistent quality and high efficiency levels by optimum utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Ensures efficient coordination and processing of a high volume of work orders and develops and maintains a very close and effective working relationship with all other departments.
- Directs involvement with improving operating efficiencies, reducing costs, identifying unfavorable trends, and taking timely corrective actions.
- Holds employees accountable for maintaining an audit or inspection ready workplace at all times.
- Responsible for supervising activities of production lines to achieve production rates that meet or exceed standards including the supervision of efficient changeovers.
- Responsible for the training and performance management of team members to ensure that each line is staffed with qualified and motivated individuals.
- Ensure the identification of product quality problems and implementation of corrective actions.
- Utilizes theory of constraints or lean manufacturing techniques to evaluate and manage production counts, machine speeds, scrap and downtime to drive reliability to desired levels.
- Ensures their team records and reports accurate production counts, machine speeds, scrap counts, line down time and other data called out in SOPs.
- Enforces all GMP’s, Safety, Quality, and Environmental regulations and compliance as well as company policies and SOPs. (Includes promotion of Near Miss program and Quality program)
- Performs BOS audits, ensure the cleaning activities are accomplished and signed in the clean logs, ensure the Deep Cleaning PMs are performed and documented, and
- Ability to hold employees accountable and perform disciplinary actions when necessary.