- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
Your new responsibilities
As a Production Planner, you are responsible for the production planning of all lines in accordance with the customer demands. This includes coordinating production workflow for multiple products, planning, and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance with minimal delays. This position requires a strong commitment to safety.
What we look for
The Production Planner serves as an engaged and trusted source in the organization. Success in this role is measured by a reduction in cost, improving productivity and customer delivery ratings. Key deliverables to ensure success are listed below:
- Logistics key customer service contact for customer base.
- Enters manual releases for customers as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service including, but not limited to follow up on releases schedules, deliveries, production delays, etc. as needed.
- Maintains the shipment forecast file.
- Oversees customer invoicing as needed.
- Resolves any delivery conflicts with the appropriate customer.
- Oversees aftermarket accounts (service).
- Plans production using SAP tools such as MF50. Evaluate differences between EDI customer releases and Level Loading Schedule and adjust SAP Finished Goods schedule accordingly.
- Monitors Kanban priorities to ensure bottle neck operations are protected.
- Maintains finished good stock level in accordance to safety stock levels and level load cadence.
- Supports schedules for PM activities, program management, engineering, quality and other departments who require logistics cooperation.
- Responsible to receive and coordinate all production interruption requests.
- Issue Production Schedule in the SAP system in accordance with the customer demands and Level Loading cadence.
- Communicates efficiently with other departments, customers, and vendors with effective problem identification and resolution skills.
- Attends all required customer trainings.
- Enters independent requirements for long range forecasting.
- Travel to Customer as required.
- Back up support for all Logistics required activities on customer sites and customer key tasks (i.e. DDL answer screens).
- Audits Kanban board weekly (PK12N vs. Kanban board).
- Must be skilled with various computer programs including, but not limited to MS office, SAP and email systems.
- Backs up the duties of the Transportation Planner.