Friday, April 30, 2021 - 5:46pm
Apply At Indeed.com
Use "Crankshaft" as Key Word
$300.00 Sign on bonus
The Machine Operator- Grinding reports to the Team Leader and is responsible for safely and efficiently operating grinding equipment to produce quality parts.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Operate grinding machine
- Ensure parts meet quality specifications
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Operate CBN grinding machine and other machines in the production cell
- Ability to adjust machine setting to maintain process within specification
- Load machine/inspect/deburr
- Inspect parts for quality compliance to specification using standard & custom gauging
- Record required process, quality, and production data
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines to ensure machine uptime
- Rework non-conforming material back to specification
- Interpret CMM, Adcole and Hommel reports
- Train other operators on job tasks as requested by management
Standards of Performance
- Safely sets up and operates production machines in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Operate equipment to facilitate aspects of production capability without producing non-conforming material
- Produces parts that meet or exceed the Customers’ quality expectations
- Proficient in English Language
- Ability to perform repetitive work
- Walking in a manufacturing setting with multiple stairs and inclines; standing for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Length of Experience
- 1-5 years of previous machining experience
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Machining knowledge (milling, drilling, turning, boring, tapping, grinding)
- CNC controls knowledge (Fanuc, Siemens, Indramat, Allen Bradley)
- Crankshaft manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to manage product flow and handle time constraints
- Ability to follow step-by-step procedures and work instructions
- Basic mathematical ability
- Excellent communication ability
- Ability to use and interpret various gauges
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of machine maintenance. Perform required operator TPM activities
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In terms of movement, the job may require climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, using fingers, feeling, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination, standing, sitting, walking and the use of hearing and smell to perceive scents and sounds that may indicate a malfunction.
- In terms of vision, the job may require use of near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, and peripheral vision.
- Environmental conditions may include contact with water or other liquids, noise, vibration, and atmospheric conditions.
- Hazards may include proximity to moving, mechanical parts, exposure to electrical components, and occasionally working in high, exposed places.
- May require Medium Physical Strength*
☐LIGHT - Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
☒MEDIUM - Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐HEAVY - Exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
☐VERY HEAVY - Exert in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school