- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Apply online at Indeed.com for all Crankshaft Opportunities. Use "Crankshaft" As your Key word.
Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp integrated its Forging & Machining and Undercarriage businesses to start the new business unit Forged Technologies. With roughly 7,000 employees at 18 production sites in seven different countries, thyssenkrupp Forged Technologies has sales of over one billion euros and operates over 50 forging press lines and more than 150 machining and assembly lines in seven countries. The product portfolio includes undercarriage systems for heavy machinery as well as crankshafts, connecting rods, pistons, chassis products, transmission systems and rotor shafts for the automotive industry.
- The Machine Operator- Reports to the Team Leader and is responsible for safely and efficiently operating equipment to produce quality parts.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Operate CBN grinding machine and other machines in the production cell
- Ability to adjust machine setting to maintain process within specification
- Load machine/inspect/deburr
- Inspect parts for quality compliance to specification using standard & custom gauging
- Record required process, quality, and production data
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines to ensure machine uptime
- Rework non-conforming material back to specification
- Interpret CMM, Adcole and Hommel reports
- Remove part from gantry and load on entry conveyor
- Utilize reamer tool on main crankshaft holes
- Operate angle grinder to deburr crankshaft
- Blow oil holes using air hose, inspect with light scope, chamfer hole diameters, and load back on gantry
- Inspect part such as radial and lateral location of holes, and main and pin diameter; fill out data collection sheets
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines
- Check crankshaft geometries including taper, lobing, dings, out-of-round, oversize, chatter, and roping
- Inspect part for defects and quality issues; correct defects
- Assemble part gear
- Load part in Microfinish and onto conveyor for washing
- Place engraving stamp on part
- Coat part in rust preventative solution
- Maintain record of part heat code and serial number
- Proficient in English Language
- Ability to perform repetitive work
- Walking in a manufacturing setting with multiple stairs and inclines; standing for long periods of time
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Length of Experience
- 1-5 years of previous manufacturing experience and operating heavy machinery
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to manage product flow and handle time constraints
- Ability to follow step-by-step procedures and work instructions
- Ability to pay great attention to detail and identify defects
- Basic mathematical ability
- Excellent communication ability
- Ability to use and interpret various gauges
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of machine maintenance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In terms of movement, the job may require stooping, kneeling, crouching, handling, using fingers, feeling, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination, standing, and walking.
- In terms of vision, the job may require use of near acuity, depth perception, accommodation, peripheral vision, and occasional use of color vision.
- Environmental conditions may include contact with water or other liquids, noise, and vibration.
- Hazards may include proximity to moving, mechanical parts.
- May require Medium Physical Strength*
Our offer to you
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website: https://www.thyssenkrupp-north-america.com
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!