Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 4:30pm
Normal Work Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
Duties: The general purpose of this position and/or contribution to the department is:
This skilled professional position is primarily responsible for the enforcement of the Plumbing and Mechanical Codes adopted by the City.
Required Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position. Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Must have knowledge of the general provisions of the plumbing/mechanical related codes enforced by the City including the ICC series of codes and the State of Illinois plumbing code.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Must be able to learn and apply specific provisions of applicable codes and regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to drive a car.
- Must be physically able to make various field inspections, including the ability to climb a ladder and walk on rough terrain.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient in data entry.
- Must have basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, interest and similar concepts.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses or be able to obtain the same within 30 days of their start date:
- Illinois Class D Vehicle Operators License
- State of Illinois Plumbing License
- ICC Certification as a Commercial Mechanical Inspector (obtain within 6 months of start date)
- ICC Certification as a Residential Mechanical Inspector (obtain within 6 months of start date)
Qualifications: The following are considered minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate from a recognized educational institution
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- At least five (5) years of progressive practical experience in this field or in a closely related field.
Employees must live within five (5) miles of the Corporate City limits of Danville in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- High school