Thursday, July 1, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
This internship is a hands-on, real-world position, assisting our network administrator and network technicians in managing the day-to-day projects involved, including key tasks to our expansion and office consolidation. This is a real-world position that is critical to our entire facility.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Assist with varied network support, maintenance, and development projects
- Provide phone support and deskside network equipment support
- Assist with new PC and laptop setup and configuration, problem resolution, etc.
- Assist with projects related to the office expansion and consolidation projects
- Review current training documents and methods, creating new documentation as necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of semester
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week during summer session
- Student enrolled in Technology; Information Technology and Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Science, Systems & Network Administration, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity
- Must have been enrolled full-time for the current semester, new graduates are still eligible for this position
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Internship / trainee
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree