- Full time
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Job SummaryResponsible for reviewing legal documents related to the release of protected health information. Supporting the company's privacy compliance programs, including compliance with the state and federal laws governing privacy and rules and requirements. Performs routine legal research and compiles data requested and works closely with attorneys when applicable. Handles incoming phone calls, particularly escalated calls from lawyers, customers, record copy services, etc.Job Responsibilities
- Determines HIPAA compliance and release of information to service provider. Oversees the HIPAA disclosure database.
- Provides customer service for incoming phone calls and handles escalated calls.
- Responsible for submitting requirements for documents to Manager for review. Notifies Service Provider to produce required documents accordingly.
- Ensures correct preparation of responses to requestors, including the service fee invoice. Submits response to Manager for review and has records notarized before they are released.
- Acts as coordinator between the Custodian of Records area and the Legal department and Privacy Office areas.
- Negotiates with attorneys to avoid court appearances of pharmacists and gives telephone depositions if applicable.
- Supports Custodian Records Manager in the formulation of new strategies, and ventures relating to Custodian of Records.
- Interacts with lawyers, paralegals, records companies, oversight entities.
- Applies WAG policies and procedures and SOX-related compliance policies recommends process improvements.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.