- Full time
*** NOT FILLING ROLE UNTIL JANUARY 2019 ***
The Order Realization Engineering/Supervisor reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering. This is an advanced skill level position that requires an individual who demonstrates proficiency across several technical and computer disciplines, strong understanding of manufacturing methods, good project management, leadership, organization skills, and demonstrates the motivation to apply those skills at Watchfire. The emphasis on this is managing the order entry group that provides detailed information to the metal fabrication department. Exceptional teamwork, communication, time management, data processing, multi-tasking skills, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
· Identify with Manufacturing Engineering (MFE), Production, and Quality personnel that a well-defined set of instructions have been established that allow the metal fabrication department to efficiently build and complete orders.
· Coordinate with Purchasing personnel to support product designs and improvements related to products sourced from vendors or subcontractors.
· Manage/planning of change implementation to designs and components by other departments (e.g., DCN, ECO, ECR).
· Manage orders by assigning work based on department capacity and employee experience/expertise.
- Regularly attend training on subjects important to Watchfire and stay informed of industry practices and standards.
- Assist with non-standard designs (radius, miter, circle) by having 3D models created for each.
- Establish, document and provide improvements to a more organized order process system utilizing the controlled documentation system.
- Manage daily reported issues and assist in setting priority that ensures the most important issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured equipment. Occasionally lift and carry 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds.
- Approve direct report timecards and requests for time away from work, planned or unplanned.
- Coordinate with other departments such as Sales, Digital Sign Group (DSG), and Materials to provide engineering resources that are needed to meet customer demand.
- Provide the details and requirements to MFE/Production concerning special orders and supply detailed drawings on all aspects of the order such as bend & weld details, wiring, and shipping components/assemblies.
- Review expectations and goals with direct reports on a periodic basis that you determine is adequate to achieve stated expectations and goals in job descriptions, yearly reviews, and assigned tasks throughout the year.
- Inform direct reports of pertinent information that you become aware of in writing to maintain a record of communication.
- Lead actions, with assistance from HR and direct supervision, if any disciplinary steps are taken with direct reports.
- Provide leadership and stability to direct reports during periods of change and implementation of new duties by planning training steps in advance and preparing the team.
- Other duties as required.