- Full time
Days per week:
Your new responsibilities
The Operational Excellence Manager is the leader of the Operational Excellence department at thyssenkrupp Camshafts in Danville, IL. This individual is responsible to collect and analyze data to solve complex business problems, primarily focusing on production processes by continuously and aggressively eliminating waste. This position is expected to provide annual salary returns in excess of 5x.
Additionally, the Head of Operational Excellence is a member of the highly collaborative thyssenkrupp Camshafts Leadership Team. This team focuses on campus leadership in a challenging, fun and fast-paced environment.
Minimum of 10 years in OPX role with proven record of accomplishment of in a manufacturing setting.
What we look for
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same
- Drives towards meeting balance scorecard metric targets including: safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost
- Conducts Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to generate priority initiatives with measurable results
- Monitors and tracks OPX measures on plant-level. Identifies OPX training needs and coordination of responsible training activities
- Possess expert knowledge and practical application of problem solving 8D, PDCA and DMAIC tools and methodologies. Provides problem solving training and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Establish, implement and monitor critical business operating systems, policies and procedures that support the achievement of the directives and strategies set by the Director of Operations
- Develop a high performing, data driven culture that deploys lean enterprise techniques to target initiatives and drive continuous improvement in every function and aspect of the business
- Partner with the Human Resource team to link individual performance with the achievement of organizational goals
- Represent the business in customer, community and industry events or associations
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to Lean Leaders and Black/Green Belts to drive project execution. Identifies and tracks all Operational Excellence improvement projects and cost savings
- Provides shop-floor and administrative areas Lean support. This includes expert knowledge and application of the TKPS principles of Lean – 6S Workplace Organization, Value Stream Mapping, Error Proofing, Total Productive Maintenance, Kaizen, Kanban/Pull Systems, Set-Up Reduction, and Standard Work
- Implementation of BA/BU continuous improvement initiatives, programs and Best Practices
- May lead complex projects that cut across various organizational, functional, and international boundaries
- Accomplish results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Conducts regular plant Lean assessments