Monday, December 2, 2019 - 10:05am
Office Assistant Job Summary
Our small, growing company needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the administrative aspects of a marketing consultant firm. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills. If you have worked in an office in the past and you enjoy establishing and utilizing organizational systems, we’re excited to talk with you. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
Office Assistant Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provide support for company owners with assistance in managing projects including customer and vendor correspondence via email and phone.
- Perform clerical duties as needed.
- Help prepare reports, presentations, and data.
- Utilize project management systems.
- Online knowledge: Demonstrated ability to complete searches, discern credible sources, think and communicate in a clear way what has been learned/discovered, provide actionable ideas based on research.
- Create, edit, and update spreadsheets.
- Draft emails, memos, letters and possibly some marketing content (brochures, social media, etc.).
- Develop and work with systems to retrieve documents and files promptly when requested.
- Light accounting duties.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Be able to meet in person or via Skype occasionally to review projects.
We expect this position to start out part-time--between 10 hours per week eventually increasing, based on workload. Flexibility in hours worked per week and days of the week depending on projects assigned. Prefer daytime work hours.
- Good understanding of office management.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Basic Writing skills – ability to communicate via email or other messaging with clients, customers, partners. Perceive value of clarity, accuracy, and simple basics of writing mechanics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Design software experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Effective communication and people skills - demonstrated ability to communicate in person, by phone and email with customers and partners. Ability to listen to understand what clients/vendors/partners are saying.
- Intuitive/perceptive and empathetic.
- Sense of Humor.
- Creative thinker a bonus.