- Full time
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Days per week:
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The primary purpose for this position is to perform mold changes in a safe, systematic and timely manner. This is off shift position on 2nd or 3rd shifts.
- Safely shut down injection molding press and all auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to robotics, bowl feeders, valve gate control machines, hot runner control units, and water supply/return systems.
- Adhere to safety policies including the use of PPE and Lock out / Tag Out.
- Remove mold from press in a safe, systematic, and time efficient manner.
- Insert new mold into press in a safe, systematic and timely manner.
- Prepare the mold and the press for start-up in accordance to setup sheets. I.e. – Valve Gates/Water/Heats at proper settings.
- Start-up machine with guidance from the on shift processor.
- May repair and/or assist in the repair of equipment as necessary (i.e. leaking water lines, tarps, conveyors, etc.)
- Provide support to production including troubleshooting.
- Provide support to maintenance including PM’s.
- Maintain 5S
- Responsible for any miscellaneous duties or requirement of the job as needed or as directed by the Shift Supervisor or his designee.