- Full time
Your new responsibilities
As a Mechatronics Technician, you will support the Operations team in the mechanical and electrical maintenance of facility production equipment. You will install, troubleshoot, and repair all production related machinery, mechanical systems and control sub-systems. This position requires a strong commitment to safety as well as demonstrating exemplary safety behavior for colleagues.
What we look for
The Mechatronics Technician serves as an engaged and trusted source in the organization. Success in this role is measured by PM Completion, Lessons Learned, CM to PM Work Orders. Key deliverables to ensure success are listed below:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has authority to stop processes to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, identify and place suspect product on quality hold, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes become noncompliant.
- Creates and conducts preventative and predictive maintenance tasks.
- Accurately diagnose equipment problems, implement appropriate solutions and affirm continued effectiveness of repairs and maintenance.
- Run diagnostic tests on malfunctioning equipment to determine whether problem is software, hardware, or operator/process related.
- Diagnostics and repair in all areas of ABB, Fanuc, Epson, etc., (robotics).
- Diagnostics and repair in all areas of Computerized Numerical Control Systems, including Siemens, Osai, etc.
- Restore a CNC system from various backup media, utilizing documented procedures.
- Diagnostics and repair in all areas of Motion Controls Systems including Siemens, Baumuller, Stromag, Indramat, etc… including optimization of control loop components and parameters.
- Restore a complete Motion Control system from various backup media, utilizing documented procedures.
- Diagnostics and repair of all Process Control Systems.
- Configure, diagnose, and repair RFID systems.
- Configure, diagnose, and repair Industrial Vision Systems, including Cognex, Banner, Keyence, Winkhaus, NeuroCheck, etc….
- Recognize and repair damaged electrical equipment before it results in lost production time; including but not limited to: light barrier mirrors, cables, proximity switches, relays, and motors.
- Installation and repair in accordance with provided schematics and blueprints for mechanical/electrical equipment
- Maintain labor and work history reporting into CMMS work-order forms on a daily basis.
- Fabricate, turn, machine, grind and weld new and/or repair parts.
- Work individually or within cross-functional teams in order to perform all maintenance and repair duties.
- Respond to all customers both internal and external with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Train all Machine Operators in the specifics of maintaining the machines and equipment.
- Ability to train others.
- Participate in work/process studies and trials for Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the specification, design and installation of specialty tools and equipment.
- Contribute toward the development of work instructions and maintenance procedures.
- Maintain high housekeeping and 6S standards at all times and in all areas including the workshop, personal toolbox and job site during and at completion of all tasks.