Friday, April 30, 2021 - 12:00pm
As a Material Handler you are committed to ensuring the adequate flow of materials throughout the facility. This position requires a strong commitment to customer service by Just In Time (JIT) delivery of materials to internal customers to meet production demands. This position requires a strong commitment to safety.
What We Look For:
The Material Handler serves as an engaged and trusted source in the organization. Success in this role is measured by supporting inventory accuracy, active participation in safety sustainability, active engagement in maintaining 6S standards, and can perform at high levels in a team-working environment. Key deliverables to ensure success are listed below:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has authority to stop processes to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, identify and place suspect product on quality hold, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes become noncompliant.
- Full compliance with all safety inspections and safe work procedures for equipment.
- Maintains 6S warehouse standards and supports daily truck/battery maintenance (battery charging, refilling water, and visual/operational inspections).
- Uses radio frequency equipment as required with positive etiquette.
- Ability to load and unload trucks, trailers, hoppers, and dumpsters.
- Material Management & Inventory Accuracy Responsibilities
- Supplies components to the line while executing KANBAN/MMO material management for designated components.
- Follow FIFO by ensuring proper stock rotation
- Ensures movements of product are accurate and free of damage.
- Perform material/dunnage picking duties in an effective manner that meets customer requirements.
- Has knowledge and identification of BIN/Storage locations and production lines.
- Removes finished goods from the line and properly stores in designated areas.
- Perform accurate return to stock (RTS) transactions in SAP and accurate material movements to designated locations to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for inventory control using SAP/RF scanning system for components and finished goods. Attach identifying tags or labels to materials.
- Removes returnable dunnage from the line after components are used and place in proper locations.
- Responsible for 100% usage of inventory accuracy system (WAVEX) for all material movements including escalation procedure for weight failures.
- Ability to perform accurate inventory counts of failed material.
- Assists in annual physical inventory.
- Attends all required training.
- Responsible for training other material handlers and warehouse associates.
To perform this job successfully, a successful candidate will be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year prior forklift experience or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Forklift License. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Understanding of metric system. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Technology: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Integrated Business software. Use of Microsoft Office Suites software and Microsoft Explorer browser in a windows operating system as well as Outlook.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school