Thursday, July 1, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
The Marketing Specialist, Software will join an established marketing team and will help lead marketing initiatives for Watchfire’s software product lines, particularly focusing on training, adoption, voice of the consumer advocacy and content/feature utilization.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Work with sales and channel partner teams to create PR, media, and marketing opportunities.
- Align software marketing campaigns, assets, communications, and messaging to corporate branding initiatives.
- Consult with the design team and key stakeholders to assess sign content needs, including delivery of customer-specific sign content and content templates.
- Develop marketing collateral and sales tools like brochures, presentations, demonstrations (recorded and live) and proposal resources.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers.
- Determine and coordinate software marketing in online and onsite events like webinars, tradeshows, seminars, and customer events.
- Report on periodic activities, results, and ROI for marketing.
- Manage content of software sections of the corporate website.
- Plan and implement software product launches, software upgrades, customer notices and related sales and channel partner communications.
- Assist with product development direction, voice of customer feedback and feature advocacy.
- Ensure product delivery meets and exceed customer expectations, to include providing input and influence on configuration, pre-installation access and product activation process.
- Develop customer success materials to introduce basic software features and concepts and “quick start” approach.
- Crosstrain to deliver scheduling services for corporate program customers, trade show content scheduling and administration of digital signage within the Watchfire physical plant.
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include public speaking and virtual as well as in person presentation skills.
- Ability to initiate action, demonstrate leadership and motivational skills.
- Clear product understanding, ability to problem solve and think strategically.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and cross-functional teams to develop processes.
- Basic understanding of graphic design principles.
- Direct experience with graphic design software tools.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a corporate marketing or advertising agency setting.
- Associates degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or a similar discipline is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or a similar discipline is preferred
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree