Sunday, January 31, 2021 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
The Market Develpoment Representative will prospect and qualify new digital sign opportunities in a strategic market through face-to-face meetings and on-site demonstrations. The Market Manager will also quickly follow up on prospects generated by Watchfire marketing efforts in their market. This position will report to the Business Development Manager, but also receive guidance, direction, and mentoring from the overlapping Territory Manager.
The Market Develpoment Representative will spend most of their time out in their market meeting with end user prospects, but the position will not require significant overnight travel outside of occasional trips to Watchfire’s home office, annual sales meetings, and industry events. Watchfire will provide a company vehicle for travel within their designated markets. It is important for the Market Manager to reside within, or in close proximity, to their strategic market
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Proactively seek out new sales targets in their strategic market
- Prospect new customers through phone calls, personal visits, and onsite demonstrations
- Qualify and handoff prospects who are ready for next steps in the sales process to the local Territory Manager
- Document and track sales activities consistently in Salesforce
- 2-5 years of related career experience
- Associate’s degree along with relevant career experience will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred
- Sales force or similar CRM experience highly valued
- Confidence, persistence, and drive for success
- Creative problem solving and flexibility to change is highly valued
- Experience with B2B sales prospecting
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism, tact, attention to detail, self-organization, and consistent work ethic
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive daily
- Comfort with face-to-face sales
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree