Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Manufacturing Technician(s) report directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor. This is an intermediate skill level position where the employee is developing his/her knowledge over a wide range of technical abilities required at Watchfire. The primary focus of this position is technical support, programming, and preventive maintenance of Manufacturing Equipment (CNC Turret Punches, Extrusion Saws and Mills, Welders, and large natural gas heated oven). Exceptional organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking and adapting to rapidly changing priorities, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Use a wide variety of tools to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair manufacturing equipment. Conduct preventive maintenance tasks and audits of machine condition(s) related to preventive maintenance. Recommend maintenance tasks beyond manufacturer's recommendations to preventive maintenance tasks.
- Communicate verbally, in-writing, and electronically via computer to other team members and comprehend communication received from team members in the same fashion.
- Operate machines controls and manipulate machines manually to perform troubleshooting or return machines to operating condition. Perform in-process diagnosis of equipment based on vibration, noise, and sight.
- Program CNC equipment to produce production products as needed.
- Receive and pull spare parts from inventory using software.
- Use the internet to search for replacement parts, technical manuals, industry standards, etc.
- Perform intermediate electrical/electronic troubleshooting related to manufacturing equipment using multi-meter. Diagnose control circuit logic and motor circuit wiring to determine malfunctioning components.
- Set-up fixtures and work holding devices, check assembly clearances, assemble mechanical machine components and test for proper function. Replace/add fluids, greases, filters, belts, chains, etc.
- Perform intermediate pneumatic/hydraulic troubleshooting.
- Provide technical assistance to other technical personnel and production members.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and safe work environment at all times. Maintain and organize tools in toolbox, cabinets, and shelves in an optimum state of readiness.
- Interpret engineering prints, OEM assembly drawings, ladder diagrams, schematics, etc. Visually identify machine components. (i.e. motor starter, disconnect, fuse, PLC, solenoid valve, linear rail, flow switch, etc.)
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert several units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured equipment. Frequently lift and carry 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds.
- Work overtime and weekends as needed to support production demands, projects, on-site contractors, etc.
- Associates of Science in Technology with a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Proficient in operating and troubleshooting CNC metal fabrication/machining equipment.
- Proficient with a wide variety of hand tools that are customary with mechatronics industries. (i.e. wrenches, sockets, pliers, screwdrivers, calipers, mag/base/dial indicator, multi-meter, precision level, etc.)
- Strong experience with computers, internet, smart phone, and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree