Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
This internship will entail various small projects and will assist the manufacturing engineers/technicians with a variety of projects including working with our building layout, assisting with design work, and helping eliminate obsolete items and procedures. They will also assist with some problem solving for day-to-day challenges that pop up.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Modify and verify building layout using AutoCAD
- Assist in designing tools, fixtures, gauges, etc., using Autodesk Inventor
- Assist in research and planning new equipment
- Identify obsolete parts to reduce CNC program library
- Verify spare part quantities
- Assist in troubleshooting process problems
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Inventor or something similar)
- Time management and project management skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of semester
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week during summer session
- Student enrolled in Engineering; Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Process
- Must have been enrolled full-time for the current semester, new graduates are still eligible for this position
*Our interns are anticipated to work with us for the entire summer term, assuming quality work. Of course,all positions are "at will" and an internship is not a guarantee of work for a set period of time.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Internship / trainee
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree