Friday, November 1, 2019 - 5:00am
Danville Sanitary District is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance/Operator that is assigned to its Facility Maintenance Division. Please submit an application (and resume if available) to the Executive Director via mail at D.S.D., Attn: Director, PO Box 724, Danville, Il 61834-0724, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available at District offices 16161 Grape Creek Rd., Danville, IL.
DSD wastewater treatment plant operates 24/7 - year round, and personnel must be flexible for scheduling consistent the needs of the plant and District. It is anticipated this position will primarily be focused during the Mon-Fri 7:00AM to 3:30PM shift.
Duties: Performance of a variety of industrial and mechanical installation, maintenance and repair activities associated with process and operational facilities and equipment. Examples include high-volume pumps, motors, control systems, piping, tanks, structures, building components & mechanical systems. In addition, position will be cross-trained to perform treatment process “Operations” to serve as a relief operator when conditions require.
- Candidates must hold a High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Candidates must have a current, valid, Class D, drivers license for the State of Illinois.
- Applicants with a Wastewater Operator License beneficial.
- Candidates for this position should possess previous mechanical and/or industrial maintenance experience involving process and system operations.
- Working knowledge of pumps, motors, valves, instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Compliance with OSHA Standards and other SAFETY – related requirements.
- Ability to maintain productivity standards and identify situations when assistance and/or training is needed.
- Exercise effective time management and self-guidance in the performance of duties.
- Effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing, including co-workers, business partners and/or other service-user(s).
- Capabilities in metal fabrication, welding, building construction, and concrete work,
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, SOP’s, drawings and specifications, wiring diagrams,and other technical and functional documents.
- Capable of utilizing current technology for daily activities, trouble-shooting, reporting and other items that require continuous updates and training.
- Proficient in the performance of mechanical and industrial repairs, under limited time constraints, that are critical to process operations.
- High-level diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities regarding mechanical equipment and treatment process operations.
- Full time
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- High school