Friday, September 6, 2019 - 7:10am
Automation International, Inc.
BUSINESS IS BOOMING and we are looking for an experienced Machinist!
A machinist operates manual and automated equipment to produce and maintain machinery. Some of the essential job functions are listed below.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Layout, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Position and fasten work pieces.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Confer with numerical control programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Evaluate experimental procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Design fixture, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Prepare working sketches for the illustration of product appearance.
- Experience on engine lathes, able to turn and hold required tolerances and proficient in all types of thread cutting.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand geometric tolerances
- Proficient at running manual vertical milling machine, boring mills.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen prior to employment and at any given time.
- Good attendance is a must.
- Full time
Days per week:
Monday - Friday
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school
We design, manufacture and support the resistance welding industry with our full-line of special machinery. Please visit our website: www.automation-intl.com
We offer a full benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short term and Long term disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending, 401K, vacation and paid holidays. EEO