Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Install, configure, and maintain Watchfire’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers. Perform system monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups. Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Will also function as deskside support throughout the organization as needed.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting Servers. This should also include their corresponding services DHCP, DNS, IIS, RRAS, Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining new and existing network and cloud infrastructure, file servers and directory services security, email authentication issues and policies, firewall policies and security.
- Expected to participate in Help Desk and day-to-day user issues and managing in-house ticketing system.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting various networking gear including switches, routers, firewalls, such as Layer 3 and Layer 2 switches and Routers.
- Install, configure, and administer VLANs on Cisco routers and switches.
- Conducts research for tools, hardware, software, new technologies and solutions based on business requirements. Will be involved in purchasing decisions, suggesting hardware and software.
- Creates necessary documentation of the systems, processes and procedures followed.
- DHCP, IIS, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Microsoft365
- VOIP, Cisco router configuration
- Windows Server administration, Virtualization
- 2+ years of experience in windows server technologies
- Virtualization exposure is needed with Hyper-V
- Experience administering Call center / VOIP telephony systems.
- Advanced Microsoft 365 Skills desired (PowerAutomate, PowerApps, and PowerBI)
- Some physical ability such as moderate lifting, working on ladders, etc.;
- Willingness to travel by air;
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills, as well as excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills in technical areas.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous learning/expansion/skills development in new areas of the IT industry.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree