- Full time
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Days per week:
The Desktop Support Technician's role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or remotely) in a timely and accurate fashion, providing end-user assistance where required.
ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products, escalating if necessary after triage.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, email, and service desk work orders regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connections, i.e. network jacks are in proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- In-district travel is required for the purpose of on-site hardware and software troubleshooting and repair.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.