Saturday, August 1, 2020 - 7:00am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Headquartered in Danville, Ill., Watchfire has manufactured electric signs since 1932 and LED signs, using meticulously sourced components from around the world, since 1998. Our products include indoor and outdoor LED displays, fixed digit and video scoreboards, gas price signs and digital billboards. Every aspect of our products and service is focused on giving our customers the greatest advertising tools available for developing their business and increasing sales. Our partnerships with respected, knowledgeable sign company professionals are the foundation of our collective success.
Watchfire LED signs are known for their legendary quality and reliability. We test our outdoor displays to withstand whatever nature throws at them, all to guarantee our customers years of worry-free performance. The excellence in every Watchfire sign begins with our outstanding engineering team designing a quality product. In production, we choose quality over expedience or expense. We use the best performing components available from a global market and invest the time and expense needed to evaluate and verify every aspect of our products’ design, function and serviceability. Our reputation depends on our displays looking and performing great not just on day one, but for years to come.
We developed our proprietary Ignite software to create and manage messages from design to scheduling. Whether the sign is large or small, color or monochrome, the suite of Ignite software helps create head-turning messages through easy-to-use interfaces. Watchfire has over 60,000 LED signs in operation at convenience stores, gas stations, retail outlets, banks, schools, places of worship and other locations worldwide. We also have more digital billboard customers in the U.S. than any other brand.
The employee in this position develops human resource policies and programs for the entire company. The major areas covered are organizational planning, organizational development, employment, onboarding and training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety and health, and employee performance. This position reports directly to the President/CEO and works closely with all other officers of the Company as well as assisting and advising all levels of management on human resource issues.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, ILR, Organizational Management, or similarly related area will also be considered.
- SHRM and/or other HR certifications are a plus.
- Continuing education within the ever-changing areas of Human Resources compliance
- 5+ years’ work experience in Human Resources is required
- Experience in a complex multi-state, mixed union/non-union environment is a plus
- Experience with compliance areas such as FMLA/ADA, Workers Compensation, leave management, employee relations investigations required, experience interfacing from internal employees to external shared services resource ideal.
- Sincere passion for culture and relationships, combined with similar passion for details, process improvement, and accuracy required.
- Clear comfort with working in gray areas', where balancing the people dynamic with precedent/policy/consistency is as natural as pouring a cup of coffee.
- A passion for being 'the face of HR', the person every supervisor feels comfortable sitting down with and who easily creates a safe space where confidentiality and trust are never questioned, being an employee advocate when appropriate while properly balancing a focus of what is best for the growth of the company and best for every other employee even when this employee can only see through his paradigm;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills required, with a drive for working in a fast paced, dynamic growing team that has a "5-year-old start-up feel" but an 85+ year history.
- Upper level Excel, Word, Outlook skills, with desire and aptitude to grow -- Advanced skills preferred.
- Ability to multitask fluidly and thrive upon working independently on varied projects, while also an integral part of the team.
- Exceptional levels of professionalism, courtesy, and confidentiality at all times.
- Exceptional professional communication with all levels, from entry level factory candidates through executives.
- Ability to follow complex directions through varied multi-step processes with minimal repeat instruction.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 5 - 10 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree