Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 3:39pm
SUMMARY Under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor the Home Visitor performs general functions including implementing the Healthy Families of America home visiting model. The Home Visitor will use an evidenced-based curriculum to offer parent’s information and activities that create rich learning opportunities, supports the parent/child bond, and builds on the family’s self-sufficiency skills. The Home Visitor provides excellent quality care, positive customer service, the maintenance of an efficient and safe environment of care. Demonstrates superior customer service skills and has the ability to function in a multi-tasking, multiple priorities environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times per the policies and procedures.
- Maintain ethical behavior at all time per the policies and procedures.
- Responds to internal and external customer needs in a positive manner, utilizing principles of the AIDET model; exceeding their needs and expectations and providing the highest quality service to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Develop and maintain supportive strength-based, culturally sensitive relationships with pregnant women and their families by providing education, physical and emotional support.
- Ensure pregnant women, including pregnant teens, have access to comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care.
- Maintain a caseload according to program expectation.
- Provide prenatal education to pregnant women on topics such as fetal development, labor and delivery, postpartum recovery, and the benefits of breastfeeding.
- Provide assistance in overcoming barriers (transportation, housing, food, etc.) by providing resources and referrals as needed.
- Prioritize the health and safety of the children enrolled in the program.
- Using personal car to travel to homes of the families on assigned caseload.
- Implement the evidenced-based curriculum.
- Conduct developmental screenings and assessments with child and family as required by the program.
- Provide families with developmentally appropriate activities and information to promote social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of the child.
- Using the curriculum model, support parent-child interactions and offer information and activities that align with the family’s goals.
- Coordinate group services including child care, meal support and transportation.
- Data collection and submission that is in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assist in coordinating parent groups such as organizing food, providing transportation, and childcare.
- Engage in outreach activities to enroll participants and to sustain participant involvement
- Open to reflective practice-(capacity for introspection and self-awareness)
- Attend all trainings and meetings as required by the program.
- Complete all Core Curriculum training(s) required for this position.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Dependable and reliable giving extra effort when necessary to accomplish Aunt Martha’s Health & Wellness goals.
- Takes initiative to proactively recognize problems/opportunities and develop appropriate strategies to deal with them.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands and establish priorities. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change in processes and organization.
- Makes data driven supported decisions wherever possible considering all relevant facts.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in order to meet health division goals and priorities. Acts cooperatively and contributes to teamwork. Willingness to act as a strong team player and bring an optimistic level of energy to the team.
- Maintains professional, technical and technological proficiency in all aspects of the job.
- Excellent oral and written skills. Communicates decisions promptly, clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, deadlines and program compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 1-2 years related experience; or Associates degree (A.A) degree in social/human services, psychology, child development, or related field is preferred with one year related experience; Bachelors (B.A. or B.S.) degree in social/human services, psychology, child development, or related field is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office; adept at data entry
- Experience working with the culturally diverse population
- Experience working with infant, toddlers and parents
- Experience serving multi-stressed families, preferred
Ability to speak, read and write English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to understand and demonstrate Aunt Martha's 4-step Performance Improvement process, utilizing the methodology Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA).
Ability to use technical skills and apply knowledge necessary for this position.
Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while performing the duties of this position.
SAFETY AND INFECTION CONTROL
Be knowledgeable about and follow Aunt Martha's safety policies and procedures.
Current driver’s license, with a clear driving record
Current auto insurance
Ability to work late evening hours, weekend hours, and scheduled holidays, as needed
- Full time
Days per week:
Required degree level:
- High school