Tuesday, December 1, 2020 - 7:30am
NOTE: Danville, IL is 2.5 hours from Chicago, 1.5 from Indianapolis, 0.5 from Champaign/Urbana.
Watchfire Signs is an 85+ year old company that is rapidly growing as an industry leader in the cutting-edge technology of digital LED signs. Our electronic message centers (EMCs) are designed for 24/7 outdoor signage use in all weather conditions. These cutting-edge outdoor LED displays may be as small as a time-and-temperature sign at a local bank or as large as 15'x50' and beyond. Our on-premise division sells to sign companies and dealers who re-sell our EMCs as a portion of a complete signage / business identity package for their customers.
Vertically integrated, Watchfire does everything from product engineering and circuit board assembly through final product integration and calibration. Post-sale, we provide world-class technical service and support. This allows us to sustain our position as the quality leader and the premium provider in our industry.
Based in Danville, Illinois, Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with company matching, affordable health & dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities. We have been an employer of choice for decades, offering an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment where decisions can be made quickly.
Our true differentiator in the market is exceptional customer service. Our help desk team is at the core of this promise. These technologically savvy call center techs are key team members, who provide customers - billboard operators and service providers - with installation, service, maintenance and software operation assistance as part of the technical support helpdesk, utilizing an extensive knowledge base and hands-on training with our team.
These technicians may also periodically provide an onsite consultant support as backup to our field service team. This is not a "customer service" CSR role in the traditional sense, as it is far more technical in nature; however, customer service is the critical focus of this help desk engineer position.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Provides exceptional technical support for digital outdoor billboard projects throughout the life of the sign.
- Provide extensive technical assistance during installation and going forward for digital billboards. Responsibility and authority to include dispatching and supporting service providers as needed.
- Perform remote diagnosis through advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.
- Assist in continual improvement/expansion of the Watchfire knowledgebase - a key web-based collection of both internal and customer-facing troubleshooting, how-to and resolution documentation.
- Maintain detailed customer records in customer service database regarding each service/support call & email.
- Assist in the identification and qualification of service providers for ongoing customer support.
- Periodic evening & weekend duties, such as providing on-call or remote weekend support will be required. This will be scheduled in advance and is on a rotational schedule.
- AA/AAS/AS degree in technical field (or military equivalent) minimum, BS in EE, EET, CE, ECE, MIS or IT or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous customer service work experience is strongly recommended; 1+ years prior helpdesk / phone support experience, ideally IT/software/computer phone support, is strongly preferred;
- Previous hands-on network installation/maintenance coursework or experience (network setup, network technician, cabling, PC setup, telecommuncations, etc.) preferred;
- Exceptional, demonstrated problem solving skills in a technical field preferred
- Exceptional and demonstrated verbal communication skills required, with, demonstrated customer service skills STRONGLY preferred.
- Full authorization to work in the US without requiring sponsorship (no H1B, OPT, CPT, etc.)
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree