Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:00am
NOTE: We are looking for candidates in the Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Philadelphia, PA, Chicago, IL or Danvile, IL areas.
Headquartered in Danville, Ill., Watchfire has manufactured electric signs since 1932 and LED signs, using meticulously sourced components from around the world, since 1998. Our products include indoor and outdoor LED displays, fixed digit and video scoreboards, gas price signs and digital billboards. Every aspect of our products and service is focused on giving our customers the greatest advertising tools available for developing their business and increasing sales. Our partnerships with respected, knowledgeable sign company professionals are the foundation of our collective success.
Watchfire LED signs are known for their legendary quality and reliability. We test our outdoor displays to withstand whatever nature throws at them, all to guarantee our customers years of worry-free performance. The excellence in every Watchfire sign begins with our outstanding engineering team designing a quality product. In production, we choose quality over expedience or expense. We use the best performing components available from a global market and invest the time and expense needed to evaluate and verify every aspect of our products’ design, function and serviceability. Our reputation depends on our displays looking and performing great not just on day one, but for years to come.
We developed our proprietary Ignite software to create and manage messages from design to scheduling. Whether the sign is large or small, color or monochrome, the suite of Ignite software helps create head-turning messages through easy-to-use interfaces. Watchfire has over 60,000 LED signs in operation at convenience stores, gas stations, retail outlets, banks, schools, places of worship and other locations worldwide. We also have more digital billboard customers in the U.S. than any other brand.
Field Technicians report directly to the Field Operations Manager. This is an intermediate skill level position that requires an individual who demonstrates excellent technical and computer skills, efficient grasp of troubleshooting methods, good documentation and communication skills, understanding of construction, and demonstrates the motivation to represent Watchfire in field operations. This person is responsible to safely and professionally install, troubleshoot, repair, and field calibrate Watchfire products. This person is responsible to verify that they are prepared in advance of jobsite arrival with the proper equipment and technical details to support Watchfire products.
*Hours are not strictly daytime M-F. Travel and tight deadlines will require additional hours and weekends.
*Watchfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Assist the project management team and Senior Field Technician with documenting procedures on field operation methods and analyzing such methods for improvements in safety, efficiency, and quality of work.
- Coordinate with the Field Operations Manager to be aware of orders that require a Tech at installation.
- Communicate with jobsite contact(s) ahead travel date and verify installation timeframe and details.
- Manage installation, troubleshooting, repair, and/or calibration work on the jobsite.
- Work with estimator(s) to understand work force utilization, equipment, workflow(s), permits, jobsite layout, etc.
- Work at elevated heights.
- Communicate with customers or representatives to relate jobsite specifics and verify installations are successful.
- Provide initial training to customers on Watchfire software and sign operation.
- Communicate with installers and contractors to understand the project objectives and schedule.
- Communicate with internal teams and subject matter experts to determine the best means and methods to achieve project objectives, deadlines, and budgets.
- Manage and organize expense reports for travel, jobsite, equipment, etc.
- Interpret product and project drawings, technical details, and specifications.
- Regularly attend training on subjects important to Watchfire and stay informed of industry practices and standards.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, & crouch in and around tightly configured spaces on jobsites. Must consistently lift and carry 10 pounds and lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Travel for jobsite visits will be required.
- This person will be experienced in OSHA regulations 1910 and 1926, lifting and rigging with cranes, aerial work platforms, hand tools, diagnostic equipment, and air travel requirements(North America).
- Proficient in reading/writing/typing in English. Comprehend written, visual, and verbal instructions. Experience presenting information in small group situations. Excellent reasoning skills related to cause and effect.
- Excellent ability to identify critical troubleshooting details to minimize repair times.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers and contractors in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceptional teamwork, communication, time management, data processing, multi-tasking skills, with an understanding of urgency and critical issues is required.
- Completion of 10hr in OSHA 1910 and/or 1926 within 3 months of hire date.
- (2) written work-related recommendations from previous/current employers, or instructors, or co-workers
- Minimum 1 year of similar work experience with an Associates of Science in a technology or related field; or a Bachelor of Science in a technology or related field; or minimum 3 years of similar work experience; or a Journeyman’s card in a Building/Construction Trade.
- Strong experience with computers, internet, smart phone/tablet, and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid State Driver’s License and U.S. Passport at all times.
- 6 CEUs in telecom, electronics, industrial wiring, and/or safety within the previous two years is advantageous.
*Legal authorization to work in the US required. We will not consider candidates who need sponsorship, now or in the future, to be legally employed in the US. No H1B, OPT, CPT or other “temporary work authorization” candidates will be considered.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree