Friday, July 12, 2019 - 9:22am
The employee in this position must enjoy working with their hands have an eye for detail and an analytical mind. In addition you must be able to use variety of tools and equipment, ability to read blueprints, recognize welding symbols and specifications. You must also prepare, fabricate and weld various constructions, components and structures from patterns and blueprints using a variety of tools and machines to make metal parts or assemble components.
1. Be able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans
2. Fabricate Metal Objects by laying out, cutting, and fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object.
3. Constantly inspect and test welds and equipment for durability.
4. Perform detailed quality checks to ensure that it meets all standards and requirements. Document work and results, and keep records or labor and materials used.
5. Use a variety of tools to work with metal. Operate cutting saws to cut various metals, and weld and grind and grand fabricated structures to meet structural requirements.
6. Use a shear machine, metal roller, A larger cutter .208 and 480 amp Mig Welder.
1. Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature.
2. Ability to operate different tools, and to troubleshoot equipment problems
3. Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
4. The endurance to stand for approximately 7.5 hours or more each day
5. The strength and flexibility to lift and move 50 to 75 pounds manually
6. The ability and willingness to follow directions
1. Welding experience or AWS certification
2. Fabrication experience
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school