Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 7:42am
Fabricator's job duties can range from simple to complex, depending on the weldment project. Job may require the use of torches, hand tools, power tools (Shears, Press Brakes, Rolls), MIG welders in the fabrication process. Fabricators work mostly with A-36 and alloy steels, using MIG welding and soldering to complete the fabrication process.
- Fabricators are responsible for set up of parts and pieces of the designated project.
- Fabricators are also responsible for prep work of parts being welded, pre / post heats if required on parts, finishing of weldments to print specifications.
- Insure quality welds in finished products.
- Strong mathematical and analytic skills to read blueprints and layout work assignments.
- Understanding structural basics including rigging, welding, bracing, prebending, and reinforcements may be critical to some assignments.
- The physical demands of the job require fabricators be in good general health with good balance, agility, vision and depth perception.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 1 - 2 years
Required degree level:
- High school