Friday, October 18, 2019 - 12:00pm
The Central Illinois Land Bank Authority (CILBA), formerly known as the Vermilion County Land Bank Authority, is seeking its first permanent Executive Director. The land bank seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader who will, in coordination with the CILBA Board of Directors, plan, organize, and implement programs and activities that efficiently advance the CILBA mission.
CILBA in one of 5 land banks in Illinois and is supported with local and state funding. CILBA serves the Central Illinois region, with municipal members in the Vermilion, Champaign and Macon counties.
The mission of CILBA is to identify, acquire, and redevelop- directly or through partnerships with government, nonprofit, and private sector partners, vacant and abandoned tax-delinquent and-or distressed properties. CILBA stablizes properties by putting them into the hands of responsible owners who keep them occupied, maintained and current on their property taxes. Ultimately, CILBA helps improve community and economic vitality for the commmunites served.
- Strong community or economic development experience, including real estate development experience
- Experience writing and managing grants and contracts from public grant-making organizations and entities.
- Strong professional relationship skills, particularly with regard to elected and appointed officials.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to derail, decision-making instincts, and ability to manage diverse teams
- Minimum bachelor's degree from accredited university or college. Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate development, or related field preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in real estate; affordable housing; comunity or economic development, or related field.
- At least 3 years experience with a nonprofit or government public sector organization.
- Management experience over staff, vendors and budgets.
- Experience with any/all vacant, abandoned, and/or distressed real estate; urban planning; community revitalization; real estate development; real estate finance; zoning and land use.
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree