Friday, August 2, 2019 - 4:30pm
The Engineer II participates and leads efforts in survey, concept design, construction observation, engineering design, inventory management, utility coordination, construction documentation, consultant oversight, project management, cost estimating, report generation, engineering studies, permitting, funding acquisition, and agency coordination. The Engineer II works under general supervision and is familiar with the standards required to perform the various functions of the department.
Required Skills: The following skills are basic to the functions of this position: Candidates should possess these skills or be able to show their ability to develop these skills within 30 days of their start date.
- Advanced proficiency level utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, AutoCAD or MicroStation, and the Internet.
- Advanced math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, interest, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, algebra, and similar concepts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of surveying equipment, material testing equipment, advanced CADD skills, and basic GIS knowledge.
Required Licenses: The person holding this position must have the following licenses:
- Illinois Class D Vehicle Operators License.
- Engineer in Training.
Qualifications: The following are considered as minimum qualifications. Extensive related experience will be considered in lieu of these position requirements if they represent similar skills, knowledge, and levels of responsibility. In addition to demonstrated competency in the experience items listed below; an Engineer II produces constructible contract documents prepared to departmental standards, maintains construction records according to IDOT standards, and is gaining technical expertise in one or more areas of municipal engineering.
Education: The minimum educational requirements for this position are:
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field with related work experience.
- Employee should have or be able to attain certifications in relative IDOT training courses.
Experience: Candidates for this position must possess the following experience, or experience deemed to be equivalent to the following:
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience.
- General knowledge of municipal engineering concepts.
- Project design support.
- Construction inspection/documentation.
- Quantity computations.
- Cost estimating and material testing.
- Man-hour projections.
- Project engineering, lead design engineer on design elements and project management.
- Project management.
- Resident construction engineer.
- Design computations.
- Public involvement.
- Dispute resolutions.
- QA/QC review of contract documents and reports.
Applications can be found on the City website, www.cityofdanville.org, and may be mailed to the City of Danville Personnel Office, 17 W. Main Street, Danville, IL 61832, or emailed to email@example.com, or deposited in the City Building main floor lobby application box.
Personnel Office: (217)431-2300 Fax: (217)431-2202
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Bachelor's degree