Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 12:49pm
Apply at Indeed.com
use "Crankshaft" as key word
The E-Tech reports to the Maintenance Team Leader and is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing plant equipment with regards to electronic components and programming.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Troubleshooting and repairing plant equipment
- PLC programming
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Electronically Controlled plant equipment
- Program PLCs and diagnose machine faults/failures related to CNC, Servo, AC Motion Controls, related electronic components
- Works with cross functional team in Manufacturing and provides necessary communications on current and planned machine status defining action items for necessary repairs
- Other projects and assignments as specified
Standards of Performance
- Actively supports the Safety, Health and Environment initiatives, and support production in meeting or exceeding the Customers’ quality expectations in accordance with the Quality Policy
- Minimizes downtime to improve machine efficiency
- Proficient in English Language
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Walking in a manufacturing setting with multiple stairs and inclines
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics curriculum preferred, but not required
- Length of Experience
- 2 years of experience troubleshooting electronic controls in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of electronics
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, machine software such as Siemes Step7, Allen Bradley, RSLogix5, RSLogix500, GML Commander, Panelbuilder 1400e and 32, and Siemens Slmatic Winn CC Flexible for Operator HMI
- Ability to understand high voltage and safely work around that environment
- Understanding of schematics and program reading
- Understanding of standard to metric conversions
- Excellent oral and written language ability
- Ability to follow step-by-step procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In terms of movement, the job may require reaching, handling, using fingers, frequent climbing, balancing, feeling, repetitive motions, standing, walking, and occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, and hearing/smelling to perceive sounds or scents that may indicate a malfunction.
- In terms of vision the job may require use of near acuity, peripheral vision, accommodation, and color vision.
- Environmental conditions may include extreme heat, noise, vibration, and atmospheric conditions.
- Hazards may include proximity to moving, mechanical parts, exposure to electrical components, and occasional working in high, exposed places.
- May require Light Physical Strength*
- Full time
Days per week:
Years of experience:
- 3 - 5 years
Required degree level:
- Associate's degree